Monday, December 28, 2009

B.I.T.C.H.


THE PLASTICINES literally rock. I first saw them featured in Nylon Magazine, numerous times. Then in Teen Vogue and eventually on Gossip Girl. After their multiple performances on the show I decided to break down and listen to some of their songs. As soon as I did..I fell in love!!! It all started with the Barcelona music video; Marc Jacobs boots and tights. The clothes were standouts but the music held its own. Though Barcelona started out harsh, the chorus is smooth and addictive. Not to mention the bands style keeps you coming back for more. The four bandmates (Katty, Marine, Louise, Anaa) sound resembles Blondie ( Blondie song: Call Me) but then they're not all 70's rock and not all pop either. It's really hard to place a genre on the group but whatever their sound is I know I am down.
SONGS;
I Am Down, Barcelona, Bitch, Loser, Lost in Translation, Mister Driver, I Could Rob You


No comments:

Post a Comment