Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A+.

ALTUZARRA
I don't think I ever took the time to look at an Altuzarra collection before now, big mistake! I meant to click on Adam on Style.com and I guess the fashion fates wanted me to find this refined dominatrix'y, gothica collection. As soon as I layed eyes on the red gowns coming down the runway towards the end of the show my mind instantly thought of the Adams Family. However these gowns were fit for a much classier adams family but whoever wore them was still sure to have some sort of spooky power. The second look pictured caught my eye because even though it's all black it still has some serious flash. The black hair (not sure what is is) coming out of the jacket is Fierce, capital F. The boots are extra amazing and I'd like to even see them with a LBD.They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.
So get a witch's shawl on.
A broomstick you can crawl on.
We're gonna pay a call on
The Addams Family.


ALEXANDER WANG
From what I've read people are undecided about Alexander Wang's latest collection. I read multiple reviews BEFORE actually viewing the collection myself which I rarely do because I think it shapes an opinion for me. So while looking at the looks I wasn't sure if it was my words or those of the bloggers from The Cut saying that things looked choppy and stiff. However I am an obnoxious Wang fan, I love everything he designs. It could be his shoes, bags, lingerie, sweatshirts, shorts, anything. Actually I recently read about his new lingerie collection and I can't help but wonder if fresh off designing that he had lace on the mind.Though I felt some pieces didn't flow well (Natalia Vodianovas finale outfit, not pictured) that is not to say I completely dissaproved of the collection. I think it was deffinatley something new for the designer and that tons of great things came out of it. I really liked the pinstripe slip and can't wait to see if it's going to be taken as an indoor thing only or if daring women will be taking it to the streets with blazers.My current opinions are just selfish because I'd have loved to see some tattered shorts to be paired with tights for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment