Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quite Som Story.

I was impressed by numerous things at Peter Som this season. For starters how impressivley he made the tie-dye work for fall (navy blue tie-day coat). Not to mention he even made a tulle skirt not remind me of ballet, by choosing a dark color and making it reach the floor. Something I would love to wear over warm wooly tights with statement heels.
I also fell for the wonderful mix of bright colors and patterns. I'm specifically refering to my favorite look which consisted of a purple hairy vest and a green/yellow geometric skirt. Just hearing a description of the ensemble may have had me shying away but when I saw it I was obsessed, and could completelly see myself wearing it.
That's truly what Som managed to do beautifully with this collection, he created an envelope pushing palatte, but kept it wearable. (And a quick shoutout to whomever did the makeup, I loved the lipstick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment