Saturday, January 2, 2010

Negative Nine.


Whenever I would walk past a poster for the movie Nine; my heart would start to race a little, and I couldn't help but have a silly grin on my face, it truly made me want to "be italien". So on New Year's Day night when my friend and I finally decided to see it I was not only let down, but bored out of my mind! Walking into the theater we both chatted excitingly about how even though most reviews said it was bad ("..should be called 4 1/2") we always sort of disagreed with the movie reviews anyways and couldn't wait to finish it and buy the soundtrack as soon as got home. Unfortunatley, only one of these things turned out to be true...we couldn't wait to finish it. Infact we took a 20 minutes "bathroom break" during it because it was so dull. There was an all star cast in the movie but it was a letdown. Kate Hudson's characters "musical number" wasn't really that at all just her lip syncing really fast (however her outfits stole the show), and Nicole Kidman, though refered to often, barely had a part. Penelope Cruz's character was oversexed and overacted. Daniel Day Lewis and Marion Cotillard however can do no wrong. Though he could have been more "italian" his portrayel of the tortued maestro was spot on; and Cotillard as his wife was also very believable and her dance number even beat out Fergie's! Throughout the movie Lewis is trying to think of what to write when creating a movie entitled ITALIA, he wants to embody the spirit of Italy in the movie, and i think that's what Nine was trying to do; however in the end..they both failed.
(Kate Hudson)
All the Leading Ladies
favorite! (Daniel Day Lewis)
(Daniel Day Lewis and Penelope Cruz)

Listening To: The Nine Soundtrack (c'est cava)

No comments:

Post a Comment